Saturday 9 March 2013

New Toilet Block

During last year the Poly received 250,000 Kshs (just under £2000) for a new toilet block. The current ones look like this.


The current Staff and visitor pit latrine toilet - in 30+ degrees heat - just imagine!!


The boys pit latrine and urinal



The new WC block progressing well

The new ones are well on the way and will be vast improvement. Try as I might to avoid getting back to project managing construction – what I escaped from my old life!! I am having to adopt my style to the much more random approach too but it is a good experience overall. Same problems as the UK, clients changing their minds, late information from the contractor etc etc. Despite this progress is good and we hope to have it finished soon. Might be delayed by the elections though.

No comments:

Post a Comment