Sunday 20 January 2013

30 November - Graduation Ceremony


I had the privileged of being invited to share a graduation ceremony for Kimani one of my Kandara group of friends. This was held at his parents home, complete with feast, slaughtered goats, marquee and about 200 guests. As ever in Kenya, lots of speeches and dancing. A great evening and lots of interesting people to talk to. They even dragged a reluctant mzungu (white European) to give them a laugh with his "strange dancing"!! I needed a drink after that! 


Kimani and his sisters and brother in law


I just love dancing!!



In the bar having a conversation with random Kenyans I never cease to be amazed by the random vocabulary that is known. This day the two words – used in the correct context were “Bombastic” and “Garrulous” how often would you hear those two in England?   

No comments:

Post a Comment