Tuesday 5 June 2012

1 June - New Football Kit for the Orphanage



Friday Evening 1st June – Whilst at home in May the youth team my Brother coaches collected football kit for the Polytechnic and Orphanage. The Poly already had theirs but I had held back giving the Orphanage kids their kit as I knew there was a football tournament looming. The time had now come as the matches were this Sunday. So tonight the manager and I gathered the kids together and I distributed 20 shirts and other bits and pieces. I had held back 6 specific shirts. Once the initial excitement had died down and there were a few disappointed faces, I returned to my house to retrieve the final 6, all Manchester United shirts. These are prized possessions in Kenya as they are passionate about the Premier League and especially Manchester United. The disappointed few were suddenly the envy of the others! 

I only wish my words could convey how happy this gesture made to these kids. Thanks Bro and co from all the  little stars here.

No comments:

Post a Comment