Sunday 15 January 2012

10th-13th Jan Back at Work


Walked to work and met the Chairman en-route. Told the manager had resigned whilst I was away – great start, was it something I said!! Bit of a shock as I had got on well with him and we had seemed to work well together. Seems he is off to pastures new.
The remaining team though have risen to the challenge well and the acting Manager is really taking to the role well. It seems to have brought a new energy and focus to the institution as we all understand that the trainees cannot be affected. First years arrive next week. Enrolment numbers are rising steadily and we got some good news from the Ministry regarding the donation of a greenhouse and related plants etc which will help the kitchen and hopefully provide a surplus to sell and increase income a little.
From what started with a shock it was a great week in the end. I also met the old manager at Kandara Market Thursday night and had a good chat with him. All seems OK.
I also had my Motorbike delivered finally. The faults (speedo not working, etc) I noted at training over a month ago are still there but at least it has been washed! I will still walk to work most of the time but at least I have an option if I lie in. Plus it will be easier to visit other institutions and volunteers.

No comments:

Post a Comment