Tuesday 1 November 2011

The final leg in the UK

Finished work last week and left Newcastle. I stopped off in Huddersfield before venturing south to Huntingdon for some fine home cooking over the weekend with my parents. I now am homeless, car less and life is in 2 rather large bags (oh and a storage container in Yorkshire!!). My travels have now brought me to my Sister's pub The One Tun on Goodge Street in London where I am staying until I fly out on Friday moring to Nairobi. I have a few of the boys I used to work with coming round tonight and the "SOG's" coming round tomorrow for a final farewell. Family gathering again on Thursday. Then I can put it off no longer time to fly out to Kenya. I have talked about doing this for a long time (as many of you will know) and finally it is becoming reality. Thanks to all at Home Group and Galliford Try for the words of encouragement (and fine food and beer) as I left last week. Thanks also to everyone else for your support too. Watch this space to read about how i get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment