Sunday 18 December 2011

11 & 12 December - Machakos

Went to visit a friend I met whilst on Piki Training this weekend in Machakos 4 hours in 3 different Matatu including going through the Nairobi Matau station I heard the gunshgots in a week or so ago. Daylight this time so all went well. I good weekend here and ended up watching Man U again in the Boma Bar with Abdallah. Got to know more about his disabled charity too. He set it up a few years ago and it is growing slowly. Abdallah is in a wheelchair but that does not stop him doing anything. You should see him whizz about in his chair and I have never met a more positive and infectiously happy person. Took on some of the locals at pool too. one said he would play Abadallah after he had beaten me. He left shorlty after he was whooped by a Mzungu (have to admit I was very lucky. I did worry for a moment as he was definately not happy!

Great weekend though and got to see a bit more of the Machakos area too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment