Thursday 1 December 2011

Blog from 21/11/11 - Back to Work

Class and Instructors 2011 
21/11/11
Today Isaac met me by the orphanage gate and we went to Kiranga Polytechnic about 8km from Kandara this one has about 100 trainees compared to Ithiru’s 50 and is on a much larger site. On the way Isaac took me on a familiariation of the outskirts of Kandara showing me where the Hospital is (“I won’t need that don’t worry” says I – you would think I would know better! Read 22/11/11 !!)Kirangaoffer additional courses – Blacksmith, leatherwork, home economics and knitting, agriculture and Computers. The latter is felt to be one of the main draws for the place over Ithiru and this is confirmed by the manager. He is very helpful and we have a long chat together with a walk round and introductions to the staff etc. Then back to Ithiru via a café in Kandara for lunch. This is very much a locals place and I entertain them just be being there for 45 mins whilst I eat my chapattis and githerri - much chewing on the beans! Together with a cup of Chai. Then back to IYP for the usual stuff with work. Increasing number of friendly hellos etc on the way to and from work. The trainees are in again despite the end of term as they are practicing for the practical part of the exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment