Monday 5 December 2011

4/12/11 - Back to the hills

4/12/11
A good nights sleep, breakfast on the porch and then into the Kenuki slums market nearby for veg shopping etc. I tagged along for the experience. We were as usual the only Mzungu’s there but all were extremely friendly and our improving Kiswahili always helps with the positive responses. Then back into Nairobi, Matatu to Thika and then another to Kandara. A new record on the Kandara run (previously 22 people and 2 chickens) we had 29 people in (inc 2 hanging out of the door clinging onto the roof!!) it should seat 14 (probably max 9 in the UK). Luckily I was in a relatively comfortable seat opposite the door. Those nearest the doors were very squashed and those hanging out of the door were just bonkers. I am sure it is a hell of a rush but not for me!!. Back home, I did my hand washing, bought veg etc for dinner and then chatted to Kirstie the Vision Africa volunteer who was based at the Orphanage and now works full time for VA in Nairobi. She is on one of her regular visits to see the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment