Monday 5 December 2011

3/12/11 - Another Security Scare - Ooops!

3/12/11
Off to the VSOC meeting (VSO Committee – which is the Volunteer committee where all the vols from the central region get together once a quarter to chat through issues that are concerning us and also to be briefed on anything coming up. Also it is a good chance to meet and or catch up with other volunteers from around the region. Afterwards I went into town with some of my intake, then out to their area. We stopped off at Gypsy’s bar in Westlands for a quick drink of the way back. As with all venues of any size we are scanned and searched on the way in. My rucksack is given a cursory search and we sit down outside on the pavement terrace. For security I hood the arm strap of the bag over the backrest of the chair so it sat on the seat bit. We left an hour or so later. 50 yards down the road one of the bar staff cam after us in rather a panic. I had left my rucksack. Given the security issue especially in what was a bit of an ex-pat bar I had created quite a stir. The security guard who had (not really) searched my bag looked mightily relieved when I returned to pick it up!!. Boy from  the sticks stirring it up in the big city!!!
Back to the Mountain View Estate for pasta and a general chin wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment