Thursday 1 December 2011

Blog from 20/11/11 - Lazy Sunday

Hope from Next Door Checking I am doing my washing right!
20/11/11
Lazy Sunday entailed a return to Thika to do more internet stuff and There was a plan to meet one of the other instructors from the Poly at 1pm but a call just after 12 confirmed he was stuck in Nairobi in what turned out to be a mammoth traffic jam following floods due to the recent heavy rains. He did not get back until gone 6pm. Once finished with the net I returned home. I got chatting to a couple of people on the Matatu. One was a lady teacher at one of the schools in Kandara. She teaches Biology and Chemistry and comes from Nairobi. One of her friends teaches Engilish at the School and may be able to teach me Kiswahili. Term in finishing next week for Christmas, but Nancy said she would enquire and hopefully lessons can start again in the New Year. A stroke of luck as I have started getting a little lazy with my Kiswahili books and that will give me a focus again.
The afternoon was spent cleaning the house and doing hand washing and other boring stuff. Then a film on the laptop in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment