Sunday 18 December 2011

13-16 December

Fairly normal week, meet lots of new and very friendly people on my new route on the dirt track to work. 
Meet new members of Jane's family who are visiting including George who is about 7 and walked half way home with me wheeling a plastic lid with a wire all the way until we turned it into a frisbee and had half the village playing. George was very popular on the return journey after he left me.
Wednesday I dropped into Thika to chase up my bank account and ATM card as my money was getting low before Christmas. Luckily and only after 1.5 hours, lots of queues and 3 different desks, 4 more forms to fill in I got my card and managed to get my card and some cash. Then is was in search of bicycle spares to try and avoid the orphans from using the nearest fence or bush to stop their unbraked bike. 400 kshs just under 3 pounds I had a complete back brake system and headed home to try and fix it. Not all the bits fitted OK so after a few adaptations and 24 hours all was well the bike was marginally safer. Over then next two days I also fixed 2 punctures and straightened out a wheel. Might become a new job of mine!! That should amuse those who used to come mountain biking with me and know how badly I used to maintain my own bike!!

More pictures soon.

Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment