Wednesday 7 December 2011

7/12/11 - Making Chapatis and visiting OPWDPF

[Later] Made first solo chapati today and had it for lunch with banana and jam, as it is too hot to cook [!]. I'll make more with a casserole tonight.



Today I worked from home in the morning and then went to visit the team at Organisation for People with Disabilities Programme (I met them sheltering from the rain last week and they invited me for Chai this week). They consist of Martin and Alice. Lovely people and very inspirational. Martin is blind after being assaulted with an iron bar in 2008 and set up the charity shortly after. 
Martin with 9 wheelchairs to be distributed 12/12/11 - Independence Day in Kenya 



Martin with 3 of the people the organisation is helping


Me and Alice - about to start the website work


They are lovely people and after clarifying that I am not in a position to offer financial support I did offer to link them with VSO who may in time be able to offer a volunteer etc. There are a couple of volunteers who are on complimentary programmes too who i will put them in touch with. 
I also found out they do not have a website and desperately want one. I mentioned Blogspot is free and they may be able to start with that. A job for next Wednesday!!


I will add the link to the OPWDP Blog once it is set up. 


Home shortly to work on the Kids bike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment