Friday 9 December 2011

8/12/11 Back to the Ranch & Website Design

At Ithiru Poly this morning with Isaac working on the Board Report and and preparing for our presentation to the students at a local secondary school due 2pm today. Received a call postponing the presentation till Friday morning which is good. More work and then I head off to Jane's place (the cook from the Poly) as i have printed the photos of her family out for her from Tuesday (refer that blog for the shots). I am warmly welcomed by the whole smiling family, lots of handshakes and high fives later and handed a huge plate of potatoes and banana together with a  steaming chai. I sit with Jane's brother and mum and we chat, they love the photos and ask about my family so I show them photos on the laptop etc. Jane has been off picking fresh sweetcorn from the farm and hands me 3 cobs. I explain that one will be great as I a away for the weekend but she is having none of it!! Don't worry mum with this lot around there is no fear of me starving!
Of then to meet the OPWDPF and set up the website we made an initial start on yesterday. 2 hours later they have the website. Still needs a lot of finessing but Alice and Martin are suitably pleased. 
Then back to the Children's Home to try and fix the bike. On the way i stop off at the "bike shop to by a cable and outer for the brake etc. They have none of the things I need. Back home I try and merge two bikes to make one that works but with only one brake lever between them and only a frayed cable it beats me. I will try and get the spares on my travels this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment