Thursday 1 December 2011

29/11/11 - Monsoons and Furniture do not Mix


Early Morning Nairobi from the Hotel Window

Passing Through Thika Market and Bus Terminous
29/11/11
Up at 6 to get ready have breakfast and catch a Matatu at 7am. Having been away I need to get back to Ithiru to help Isaac with some stuff for the Board meeting in early Jan and a few other bits.
Supposed to be picking up the last of my furniture in the Poly Motor Vehicle Studies car but it is “not quite up to it”.
Back home at the end of the day I do my hands washing outside and wonder why no one else is doing any. Then the heavens open. Almost finished so hang it up in my very small house. Then there is a knock at the door and Samuel the Chairman’s son is there dripping wet. They have found a pick up to deliver the stuff. I go out to help and am soaked in a couple of mins. The driver stays in the pick up. The cushions on the chairs are soaked but at least I now have a wardrobe 2 chairs and a desk. I will dry the chairs and clothes in the sun tomorrow. The weather is that predictable J.

No comments:

Post a Comment